Fabric - FTX™ The combination of knowledge and experience
Over the years Cross has acquired unique knowledge and experience when it comes to sourcing fabrics and materials for cr eating garments that allow passionate users to perform optimally in their sports without being restrained by their clothing.
When you see a garment with the FTX™ logo, you can be assur ed that a lot of thought and work went into the pr ocess of choosing and combining the right outer fabric with the right membrane to fulfil the identified need. FTX™ is never a fabric OR a membrane, it is always the ultimate combination of both. Our FTX™ combinations are based on a membrane technology and used in our high performance garments, allowing the outer fabric to be water - proof while maintaining high levels of br eathability. CROSS FTX™ garments not only protect you from the elements, but also manage moisture and maintain proper heat balance to keep you dry, an important part of staying comfortable. Breathable outerwear allows moisture to evaporate rather than trapping it against the body.
An ultra thin film is laminated (glued under pr essure) to the inside of the outer fabric. This film release water molecules (perspiration) in the form of steam (transpiration) from our body and protect the wearer from getting wet from outside by water or snow. The difference in temperature and the so-called steam pressure between the inside and outside of the fabric is what drives the steam (perspiration) out thr ough the fabric. This is called breathability and the technology that keeps you comfortable.
- FTX™ garments are waterproof yet breathable. This protects the user from rain while keeping the body cool and dry by wicking away body moisture.
- FTX™ is available in two or thr ee layer fabrics. In two layer fabric, only the shell and membrane are included. In the three layer fabric; a third layer of lining is included in a sandwich lamination.
FTX™ is a membrane combined with dif ferent outer fabrics to suit specific needs. All seams on the FTX™ garments ar e tape-sealed.
- FTX™ garments withstand a water pr essure* of 10 000 - 20 000 mm.
- FTX™ garments have a breathability** of 10 000 - 20 000 g/m2/24h
* Waterproofness is measured in water column, i.e. the pressure a fabric can take before it starts to leak. The higher the water column, expressed in mm, the more pressure the fabric can withstand.
** Breathability is measured in the number of grams of water a square meter of fabric can release in 24 hours, g/m2/24h. The higher the figure, the more moisture is released.
Cross guarantees the original purchaser that the materials in our rain garments are
moist vapour permeable (breathable), water-and-wind proof.
ie Cross Guarantee is (only) valid if the garment has been used for the purpose for
which it was designed. Normal wear and tear, alterations, modifications, carelessness
and damage are not covered by the Cross Guarantee. Your Cross retailer will help you
with all enquiries regarding the Cross Guarantee. Please note that products accepted
for review must be clean.